Friday, February 18, 2011

Fuzzy Friday: Something's Fishy

In addition to having many fuzzy animals, we also have three large freshwater fish tanks throughout the house. One tank is currently battling a frustrating bacterial algae outbreak so we are having to work on it fairly often which requires siphoning out a large chunk of water weekly.  We use a six foot tube for the siphoning which the cats now believe was a toy bought for them.  As that blasted algae runs through the tube to be emptied in a large bucket, the cats go CRAZY chasing after it which makes for some pretty entertaining moments.
While the incessant cleaning of that tank is no fun, watching those fuzzy nut jobs go wild chasing algae blobs will never get old.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Haha!! In my experience, fuzzies believe pretty much everything was meant to be a toy for them. And is it just me, or are the fuzziest of them also the wildest? My long-haired boy is CRAZY when you get him riled up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, the great joys of animal care! I dont have fish any more but I loved raising guppies when I was a kid. when I was little we even had a pacu, which is like a piranha. We'd feed it hot dogs, lol....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...