Friday, February 11, 2011

Reflections

Do you ever have one of those days?  Well, I've had one of those weeks.  From injuring myself left and right to witnessing animal neglect to roof leaks to almost missing class.  I'm telling you, it's been one of those weeks.  

I had grand plans of uploading my amazing new necklaces (if I do say so myself) to my shop this week but really haven't had the chance nor energy to do so.  So, since I've slacked here and there on my creative front, I would like to offer you a widdle gift - 10% EVERYTHING IN MY SHOP FOR FEBRUARY!!!  Just enter the code welcomelove when you check out :)  

To uplift myself and you this evening, I thought I'd share some snapshots of where I create, where I don't worry about the outside world, where I feel peaceful.  Where I am me.
Something my youth group used to do growing up were Wows and Pows; our highs and lows for the day, week, month, whenever.  Sometimes when sitting down to dinner, the mister and I share our Wows and Pows.  I'm sure he loves it ;)  
To me, it's always been such a wonderful way to reflect upon a day; to see the balance in the good and bad in life.  When I feel like it can't get any worse, I have to stop myself and reflect on what is good in the day which often is not an easy task. 
This week I've been needing some major Wows to counter those Pows but haven't been able to see them easily.  Sometimes it's so hard to pull out of those funks, you know?

But today is different.  Today my eyes have opened back up and those Wows are a little easier to see.  I got to spend lunch with my amazing colleagues who do nothing but wow me daily.  I learned how to fix my washing machine on my own :)  I got my taxes done!  I've gone back in time thanks for bored family members sharing old family photos online.  I discovered a member of one of my favorite bands (TV on the Radio) released a side project (Maximum Balloon - fantastic!) and have had a great soundtrack for the past two days.  My animals, family, myself and now a neighbor dog are warm, safe and healthy.  The weather is improving and the snow is finally melting :)  And the weekend is now here.  Fresh starts.  Clean sheets.  Hilarious animals.
Sometimes those down moments can help put things in perspective.  I've always said, you can't have the good without the bad and without the bad, you'd never know what good was.  

2 comments:

  1. here's a wow for ya: i get to see you in a WEEK!!!!! there, feel better? i know i do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you've had a rough week, but I'm glad to hear that you're starting to see a little sunshine. I think the weather has a lot to do with it. Nobody is really immune to the winter blues, myself included. I'm wishing you lots of happy days, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...