Friday, April 29, 2011

Workspace Snapshot: A Different Job

It's been said before that one of my jobs is working with my folks at their construction company and with the ESL semester having ended yesterday, I'll be spending a lot more time here so I thought I'd show you a few snapshots of one of my 'other' workspaces!
 Working in the electrical field, my dad has always gravitated towards anything that produces light or fire, but that's not to say that there's not some other fun treasures from the past around here!  For example, a Whizzer.  Not quite a bike, not quite a motorcycle but 100% awesome.
 For some of my larger (or dirtier) projects, I'll steal my dad's workbench for an afternoon if it's not already occupied by one of the guys.
  There's all sorts of random around and it's fantastic.
I've always loved this sign. (can you see me below?)
  
  Vintage Marlboro ads accordion folded so you see a different ad depending on your direction of travel.
 This switchboard came out of a demolished Tulsa Public School many years ago.  I can't tell you how many times I played with those levers growing up!  For the record, it's impossible to flip that giant one!  Trust me, I've tried (and tried, and tried, and tried :)
 Atop that is an old lightbulb display...
 ...and yes, when a certain lever is pulled, all of the antique bulbs work!

3 comments:

  1. COOL picture, Briana! This workspace has tons of character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Pictures. Because they're all cool, not just one of them. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOooh, fun! Thats so funny because my dad has a tool shop, with more than one taxadermied (sp?) critter on the wall. There's some neat stuff in there though. And miles of sandpaper :) looks like we got some craftyness from our dads :) now lets go ride a whizzer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...