Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Festivals Fly

Wowzers!  I can't believe Blue Dome is already over.  Again!

It seems the three years I've done this show, Friday always brings rain at some point.  This year, Friday was the rainiest of them all!  I went through three pairs of new socks since I wasn't thinking and didn't wear my galoshes!  Shame on me!
Luckily, things cleared up by the time the masses were getting off work so we got a little traffic Friday!
 Saturday was fantastic!  I got a little bit of a pink tint on my shoulders but the warmth felt SO good!  People were certainly out and about which led to pleasing sales for me!  Time to restock the inventory!
 I always get such a kick out of running into an old friend's Dad who is one of the most entertaining guys out there!  He made us several balloon beings that kept us busy for way too long :)
One of the difficult things about festivals is that they are loooooong and are hard to do alone.  I shared the weekend and a booth with my friend Sarah.  
 I love having such a supportive network of friends that come and visit me at shows!  When one group would leave, it seems another one would immediately show up after!
My friend Crystal was a Blue Dome newbie but not anymore! Loved running into her all weekend!
 I spent much of Saturday and Sunday standing and holding boards up in fear of giant surprise wind gusts!  Good thing I'm not one to care what my hair looks like because it was wild woman hair ALL weekend!  
I was very pleased with the way the set up looked and do think that the mock set up helped immensely!  Sarah's goodies were on the peach and white covered table.
 April's dad set up his amazing paintings with us.  We have two of these in our house and I LOVE them!  In fact, our kitchen colors were inspired by one of them!
 April set up her jewelry with her dad, right next to Sarah and I.  Most colorful jewelry around!
In the past, we've always been assigned a space on 2nd Street but this year, we were situated at the end of Elgin, across from Joe Mommas and El Guapos and just two booths down from our local home brew crew!  I was a HUGE fan of our location this year!
April and her dad were shot by a local photographer for his coverage of the event.  Watching them get situated was pretty entertaining.  Sadly, it's the only photo I have of April from the weekend!
Big thanks to the organizers for putting on a great event; to the other artists for making cool stuff and to YOU for supporting crazies like us!  
See you there next year!

1 comment:

  1. We missed Blue Dome as we had a family wedding out of town. Great photos. I think I see a little more of what you are about.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...