Monday, June 13, 2011

Shakespeare Cried On Us

Well, I shook it down in T-Town on Saturday and came home looking like a drowned rat!
The second Shakedown in T-Town has now come and gone, perhaps a little wetter than they would have hoped for.  Performers were constantly on stage, a children's area was in full swing, a pirate's ship was available for touring and some stellar taco trucks were filling our bellies!
The day was absolutely beautiful with a few afternoon hours being a tad on the hot side.  I loved the location of Centennial Park and my artist neighbors were a blast!
SomerKnits and Crystal's Ball and Chain were down the lane.
As a last minute thought for this show, I grabbed some of the vintage suit hangers that came with our house and hung some of my barkcloth bags from the canopy.  I LOVED the way they turned out!  I felt that my booth felt fresh, open and clean!  I do have a few more tweaks to be made though.  Yesterday while drying out my canopy in the backyard, I repainted my switchplate board and earring rack...I'm pretty excited about setting them up at my next show, the Woody Guthrie Festival!
I can't even tell you how much fun I had being set up next to Death of a Witch!  I encourage you to check out his work and if you get a chance to see him at a show, DO IT!

I missed the name of the following artist (although I'm sure ONE of you can help me with that ;) who welds firepits!  She's the one pictured in the overalls above.
We had weather reports all day that if a storm popped up, it would probably be a pretty strong one. The announcer introduced the play for the evening and literally said "it's not going to rain" which apparently prompted the heavens to open and DOWNPOUR all over the hoards of people lounging on the grass and us lone vendors that were still packing up.  My new witchy friend and I worked together to get our booths packed up and loaded into our cars while getting completely waterlogged and hailed on.  I was SO wet, in fact, that I drove home sitting on a tarp!  
There was something so rejuvenating and necessary about getting rained on that day.  Maybe it was that we'd been in the heat all day or maybe it was the excitement of trying to get everything put away in the downpour.  Maybe it was the fact that we were ALL soaked together or I don't know.  All I know is that it felt good for the soul and I slept like a baby.  A drowned wet rat baby ;)  So thanks, Shakespeare, for crying on me and making me laugh at myself.

2 comments:

  1. Girl, you are so good-natured! I felt that way about the last time I got rained on at a show, because it took place at Reggaefest and it was a similar situation- a nice change of pace after a very hot day. But after about 5 minutes of driving home in soggy clothing, I was over it. ;-)

    Glad you enjoyed the show!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...