Friday, July 1, 2011

Fartin' Around on the West Coast

Last weekend I made a very quick trip to the west coast to visit ma soeur in the LA area.  It was a whirlwind but a very perfect whirlwind.  I've got a series of posts lined up chronicling the trip for you!  Here's some random shots and snippets :)
We did much driving around, which I suppose is the norm when you live out there!  Thank goodness my sister is comfortable driving in that traffic on those highways because I am not.  Not at all.  Not even a good passenger.  We cruised around Pasadena, downtown LA, Glendale, Burbank and Mulholland Drive to name a few areas.
We just happened to be dining at King Taco (YUM!)  right by the Rose Bowl while the US/MX soccer game was getting underway there.  The amount of Mexican pride was abundant!  Americans seemed to be lacking in wearing their pride ;)  Over the years I've always happened to be in random cities during HUGE soccer games.  While I'm not a sports fan, the energy these games seem to produce is contagious.
We spent a few evenings at the Left Coast Wine Bar near my sister's apartment chatting with friends, eating delicious appetizers and listening to some open mic performers!
Spent an afternoon at The Americana eating, window shopping and enjoying the perfect weather.
I fell in love with this vintage machine at Madewell.
Among many other things, I picked up a pair of low rise maroon Doc Martens.  My sis also picked up a pair.  Black?  Brown?  I can't remember.  Takes me back to middle school!  I forgot how much work it is to break those puppies in.
Finished my trip up back at the wine bar...
...where I got to hear my sister sing a couple of her amazingly beautiful original songs.
I was such a special trip that I can't believe is already over.  I'm already looking back at it fondly.  My sis is pretty spectacular and I'm pretty lucky to have her in my life.  I look forward to the next time we get to fart around together and make fun of that phrase :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...