Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sigmund & His Raccoon Friend

One of the many highlights of my trip to visit my sister was to visit her new kitten, Sigmund!  SUCH a cutie, good natured, hilarious to watch play and perfectly fluffy!
One day, while I was picking out my necklace for the day, Sig was stalking my dangling necklaces without my knowledge and BAM launched onto my lap to capture his prey!  But he didn't quite make it to my lap.  He made it to the inside of my thigh and sunk those kitten claws in.  Hurt, yes.  Bled a little, yes.  Nothing I hadn't experienced with a cat before UNTIL, hours later, I had some lymph nodes swell up and we deduced that I had a textbook case of Cat Scratch Fever!  Yup, it's a real thing and yup, I have it!  It's nothing you notice with the exception of a few swollen spots.  I guess you can't be an official crazy cat lady until you've contracted Cat Scratch Fever!  I thought I'd hit that status last month already ;)
See that window that Sig was sitting in?  Well, my sis had been feeding a  pretty stray with food on that windowsill.  No harm, right?  Wrong.  While we were sitting in her apartment chatting one afternoon, I glanced to the window which was maybe five feet away and saw a HUGE raccoon dining on some kibbles and bits!  Sig saw it the same time I did and went for it as I'm screaming to shut the window!  He was not phased by us at all and kept on dining. 
I still laugh about that random visitor.  I'm sure Sig still dreams of it too.

4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh.
    he's so adorable!

    ♥elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your sister's kitty, and what a cute name too. I have to admit though, I think the raccoon is pretty cute too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, cupcake LOVES necklaces. trying to get craft work done when she is in the room can be interesting.. as a kitten she would wake up from naps and run towards me when she would hear that initial shuffle of the chains. i had all kinds of gashes and scratches from moments like that.. but i love curious kittens!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...