Tuesday, August 9, 2011

One of Those Outfits: Girls' Night!

Last Friday was my best friend's birthday so the birthday girl, my favorite buzzing friend and myself went out for dinner, drinks and so many laughs my abs hurt the next day!

A few months back, I picked up this polka dot fabric at an estate sale and stuck it in my stash.  I LOVED the detailing at the bottom so I knew I'd be making a skirt or something of the sort.  When I initially stitched this up, I was planning on wearing it as a skirt but all of those ruffles on my frame weren't the most flattering around my waist so I pulled the puppy up and wore it as a top!
I could have worn it as a dress but it was just a widdle too short for my liking so I slipped on a tiny black skirt that I acquired while digging through a friend's giveaway pile years ago.  I've almost thrown that skirt out so many times but the one time a year I wear it, I'm always grateful I've hung on to it :)
 The fabric was a hair see through so I wore a skirt slip under the top.  When I think about it, this outfit was basically composed of three different skirts!  Ha!
 I accessorized with a Target belt and shoes and fantastic enameled earrings from Arroyo Wren.

We hopped around that night from Joe Momma's Pizza for dinner, The Max Retropub (pictured) for SkeeBall and PacMan, and ended the night at Dustbowl Lanes watching people bowl and to gab.  
I tend to keep myself so busy that I often forget to go out and have a good time!  I love the things that keep me busy but I have to remind myself how important it is to let my hair down and not worry about the busy things!  Sometimes it's my friends that help me remember to do that :)  

I NEEDED a night like that.  It was perfect.

2 comments:

  1. I don't remember if I told you that night or not - but I LOVED your skirt-shirt!! I had no idea you made it! Wow- Great job! And that night WAS a ton of fun! Definitely nice to get out for a night on the town with friends every now and then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a great job on that dress. It looks so cool! And I LOVE Dustbowl. It is the happiest place I've been to in Tulsa in years!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...