Wednesday, August 31, 2011

One of Those Outfits: Third Time's a Charm

Amazing.  Three outfits in a row.  I'm on a roll!
If you were a guest at our Garden Party, you saw the upper half of this original dress.  As you can see, it was super long on little ol' me and too much fabric for hot Oklahoma summers!  I picked it up at a random estate sale I stopped by while running errands for work (shhhhh, don't tell my folks! ;) and spent only $1!  
 I lopped off the bottom half and removed the sleeves to make a summer dress, which I will share on here in the future, and was left with a good amount of material from the bottom of the dress with that killer pattern on it!  I finally pulled it out of my stash the other night, got rid of the already-falling-apart-hem, took it in through the back to fit and threw in an elastic waistband!  
 I layered a few tanks, strapped on the boots from yesterday, threw on my favorite cardi and accessorized with the Zippo earrings and a handmade silver/stained glass necklace given to me as a bridesmaid gift :)
Even the beast approves of the refashioning!  High-fives all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...