Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Tulsa Fave: Wild Brew

I thought after finishing the summer semester last week that I'd have some downtime but nooooooooo, Tulsa has had other plans for me!  

Last Saturday night, my folk, my mister and I loaded up and headed over to Wild Brew which is a SUPER fun fundraiser benefitting the Sutton Avian Research Center.  The mister and I randomly went last year last minute and had a blast so we decided to go again!  The tickets can be a little pricey depending on how you look at it but more than half of the ticket is tax deductible AND it's three hours of all you can eat and all the tasty beers you can drink!  Plus you're helping animals and that, my friends, is priceless.
We learned last year to show up early and get in line first so your time in the heat is limited.  Luckily for us, cloud cover was in attendance as well so the time outside was bearable.
 I was SO excited to wear a dress I've been swooning over that I WON from Pippin & Pearl!  It was a perfect dress for an event like this.  I intended on taking outfit photos but obviously failed ;)  We did manage to get a shot of my favorite part though :)
 My mom had only a few tastes so she could be our designated driver and let the rest of us have the fun!  Thanks Moma
 
 I got a big kick out of the fact that the majority of the people I ran into that I knew were folks I grew up with in church!  Including an old sunday school teacher.  Ha!  We were a pretty rowdy, fun-loving crew growing up ;)
There's always a band that plays and, as per usual, my dad took every advantage to spin the ladies around! 
The event ends early enough that when you leave, there's still at least an hour of daylight outside!  Such a great event to benefit a great cause.  You better bet I'll be there in the future.

3 comments:

  1. cute shots - the one of you and bro is especially nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your dad are so cute dancing like that! And something looks different about the mister, but I can't figure out what it is. New hair maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww how fun! What a wonderfully adorable family you have :) Glad you all had a great time! There's a ton of people there and that is awesome! Yay for helping the animals! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...