Monday, August 1, 2011

Tulsa Plus: Positivity All Around

I view Tulsa as a preeeeetty happening city with some preeeeetty cool people but sometimes, I meet people or attend events that remind me of just HOW cool and happening Tulsa REALLY is!  Take Tulsa + for example which launched its first event last Thursday.
The event was a sort of mecca for all Tulsans who see the endless possibilities our city has to offer and for people who want to learn about those possibilities! 
There were three 'acts' which showcased various speakers in their field of interest.  I was in attendance for the first act and was blown away by all that was shared!  

Meanwhile, stationary booths were set up where artists, businesses, organizations and more were sharing what they contribute to Tulsa.  I was excited to see a friend set up who is the brains behind The Cubed Project which I was photographed for last fall!
Munchies were provided by local restaurants and attendees took full advantage of them while they mixed and mingled.
Another artist friend, Death of a Witch, was set up with his lady legs :)
I'm so glad that I made that last minute decision to submerse myself in like-minded Pro-Tulsa individuals, organizations and businesses!  I cannot WAIT for them to schedule more events like this in the future!
Did you attend?  What did you think?

3 comments:

  1. I'm SO sad we couldn't make it! I did get Duane a "Death of a Witch" piece for his birthday, though- so does that mean I was there in spirit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! Wish I had known about it. We gave up the television, so I feel very out of the loop on most world happenings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun! I didn't even know about it, but I'm glad things like this are happening. I did the Cubed Project just because you recommended it and I think you're cool. And the Death of a Witch guy has a fabulous display- I can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...