Friday, October 7, 2011

Indie Emporium Recap

Last weekend I was lucky enough to participate in the fantastic Indie Emporium for my fourth year!  
The show runs two days and offers nonstop enjoyment like music, make and take tables and IRON CRAFTER!  The few rounds of IC that I saw were hilarious!  Think Iron Chef meets really crappy crafting materials.  How could that not be entertaining?!  Oh, and there's some REALLY amazing vendors to shop from and trade between!  I always leave this show with new friends and awesome finds :)
I built my little shop against the wall between Derrick Weber Art and Baby Vardo.  I loved my little spot :)
If you remember my recap from Dustbowl, I was on the lookout for other ways to display my bags indoors. While contemplating my options, the answer jumped right out at me!  I re-borrowed my grandma's old dress rack!  I say re-borrowed because my Mimi has basically been lending it to my uncles (for their garage sales) and me for the past seven years or so...I doubt she's even had it in her possession since we started using it!  So I borrowed it back and am SO glad that I did :) 
I found one for sale once at a local fixtures store here but not in quite as good condition as this one and was a little shocked by the price!  Glad I get mine for free ;)
I also hauled out the trusty dress form which THREE different people tried to buy from me.  I have a whole post planned for that puppy soon!
A week before the show, the mister and I made a brand new switchplate board!  It's not quite complete yet as we're going to add holes for hanging and a sign at the top! 
We also whipped up a couple of table top switchplate display boards which seemed to get a lot of attention.  
I really do think it was the best Indie Emporium yet!  To see more of the vendors, check out their website and to see comments, random photos and more, check out their Facebook!  

And a huge thanks to those of you who came out and said hi!  It was a pleasure seeing you all!

1 comment:

  1. Indie Emporium was so much fun. I'm sorry to have missed the iron crafter but I bet it was great! Looking forward to your event in December - somehow I missed it last year but I've got it on my calendar and I'm not going to miss it this year.
    It was a pleasure to meet you and I wanted to say "Thank You" for the informative class you gave at Lot 6.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...