Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Tulsa Fave: Oktoberfest

The temperatures have begun to drop in our parts which means only one thing...it's time for Oktoberfest!
The festival kicked off last night with Corporate Night, which the mister and I visited for a short while, and runs until Sunday.  While the evenings tend to get a little louder with a few more rambunctious attendees, the daytime is the perfect opportunity for families to stroll through to take in arts and crafts, eat delicious German foods (my favorite sauerkraut I've ever eaten is found here!), ride carnival rides, have a cold one and listen to the non-stop live music!  Oh, and you don't get in trouble for standing on tables!  Score!
And did you know that Tulsa's Oktoberfest is one of the top in the nation?  It's true!
I've been attending this festival for over ten years now and volunteered for many of them.  Not going to lie, I used to be one of the rowdy ones but nowadays, I'm a bit more responsible :)  

The mister and I share many memories there as well.  One of our earlier dates was spent slinging beer and doing the chicken dance and a few years later, we were in one of the tents that collapsed from a freak microburst!  (Don't worry though, the tents are even more secure than ever this year :)
It's one of my favorite events in Tulsa and if you've never been, I encourage you to spend an afternoon or night there this weekend!  Prost!

If you're not near Tulsa, I'm curious if your town has a similar festival?

1 comment:

  1. It looks like a lot of fun! With lots of yummy stuff too :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...