Monday, November 21, 2011

Four of Those Outfits: Black & White & Red All Over

Hello my dear friends!  My apologies for my absence!  I know you've just been DYING to see what I wore for the last week of school, haven't you?!  Well, after a rather rough week, I ended up completely throwing my back out to the point where I couldn't drive for three days and was literally stuck in bed.  This has happened once before but didn't take me out as badly as this bout has.  I'm still rather stiff and am relying on the mister and my family to help me with random things but at least I'm upright now!  

The last week of classes is always bittersweet.  I look forward to the free time again (although,  I always immediately fill it with other stuff ;) but I miss my students and time in the classroom SO much!  This semester was no exception and I'm already missing the grand group I shared three months with.
Monday I wore a dress I've had since college from who knows where, necklace and earrings a gift from my dad from a trip to South Africa, jacket/shirt stolen borrowed from my sister and my trusty ol hooker boots.
Tuesday, well Tuesday was a doosey.  While at school that day, I learned of the passing of an old family friend that completely threw me for a loop.  It was the straw that broke the camel's back.  I powered through classes after shedding some mighty tears and continued through the day.  My photos were devoid of smiles but at least we got some photos ;)  I wore a dress I picked up from a half-price sale of a store I've been shopping at for WAY too long - Cheap Thrills.  The scarf was a gift from my sister a few years ago, earrings were self-made, boots from Target and tights from who-knows-where.
I rallied on Wednesday for the first batch of the last day of classes - Speaking.  I LOVE the last day of speaking because we have an awards ceremony where the students have to come up with quick, impromptu acceptance speeches!  Hearing how they reflect upon the class and all that they've learned is truly rewarding.
I've had this dress since high school and back then, I actually had my grandma take the sleeves off to make into a teeny-tiny shirt that I used to wear clubbing!  There's photographic evidence of that somewhere ;)  It seems I've always had the sleeves chopped off of old dresses!  I've lost count of how many holes I've sewed up in this puppy.  I warmed it up with a long Express black button up, Target belt, vintage earrings brought back from Prague by my pops, Gap tights and the Dallas Cowboy cheerleader estate sale boots!
Thursday was the end of Writing and Grammar where testing was the theme for the day.  While boring to observe, testing gives me lots of opportunities to get grading and other busy work done.
I wore a skirt from the great beyond, vintage shirt from Cheap Thrills, sweater cardigan from Gap, and those killer vintage boots I still can't believe that I have.
With school over and all grades now turned in (the ONE thing I could do while laid up was grade!) I'm focusing all of my energy on Alliday!  If you'd like to stay up to date on its progress, you can connect on Facebook and follow our blog for artist profiles!  It's going to be a good one!

2 comments:

  1. thursday is super cute! hope you feel much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you had such a "black cloud" week! Your vintage brown tie up boots look really cute on ya!! Here's hoping for a much happier week :)
    ~Beth

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...