Monday, December 19, 2011

One of Those Outfits: Kristmas Party!

Alliday was this past Saturday and it blew me out of the water!  I'm still trying to take in all its goodness and once I do, I'll be sharing a full recap!  Until then, here's a little outfit I threw together last weekend for our friends' annual 'Kristmas' party!
This is a dress I've had since my high school years.  It's another one of those ones that I will never part with, regardless of my size.  The back of the collar mimics a sailor's collar.  I believe it's hand knit and mid-sixties.  It's seen better days in a few areas but I think it will last me another ten years, at least :)
I actually took some time to do my hair!  As I've gotten older, I've learned some tricks on styling my dead, straight hair.  This really doesn't take much time to do, even though it may look so.  I'm just a lazy hair person so I rarely do anything to it!  Perhaps I'll do one of those resolution deals to jazz up the locks a bit in 2012 ;)
I had a $10 off card to Gap so I quickly ran in the day of the party and found some black and red glittery hose to wear (which of course you can't tell from the photo) with these KILLER vintage shoes I picked up last year at an estate sale in my hood.  $2 and they fit me like a glove.  In fact, everything I snagged from my multiple trips to that sale fit like they were made for me!  I can't believe I waited as long as I did to bust these bad boys out!
I kept the jewelry minimal this time around.  I wore some actual diamond earrings I've had forever (realizing I need more gold earrings!), a gold belt that came from the great beyond and this knight hat pin that once belonged to my Great Granny.
Some toddies were drank, some Dirty Santa was played and lots of fun was had with friends!
It was fun getting dolled up for an evening, leaving work behind and enjoying some time with my crazy, but wonderful friends :)

My sister is flying in to Tulsa tonight to spend the holidays with us!  I couldn't be more excited!  Hope your holiday season is going fabulously well!  Until later!

6 comments:

  1. That first picture evoked the image of Momma, your Granny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute!! I love your hair! I wish I could do cool stuff to my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable! love this! so very Joan Holloway vavavoom! :D
    I hope you get lots of rest and relaxation after the show! Great job!~

    ReplyDelete
  4. very retro and classy! I love your style

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love that dress, such a pretty color & so perfect on you! So cool you have an old pin in the family like that. Sounds like a fun time, toddys are the best : )

    http://dusanabotswana.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...