Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Spaghetti, Revamped

If I had to choose one thing to eat for the rest of my life, it would be spaghetti.  I LOVE spaghetti.  In fact, I've made it a point to eat it in every single country I've ever visited.  For the record, Mexico and the Czech Republic have had my faves thus far.  Since I'm such a nut over this food, I'm always looking for different ways to serve it up and I think I may have just found my newest obsession:  Spaghetti with Arugula and Capers.  Delish!
 So easy and so very fast.  Here ya go.

1/2 - 3/4 cup chopped arugula
1-2 teaspoons of capers (depending on your liking for them)
1-2 teaspoons of garlic (I go for the latter)
Halved cherry tomatoes (the original recipe called for plum tomatoes but I just used what I had on hand)
Red pepper flakes  (I was out but used two packages of the ones that come with Mazzios' pizza!)
Kalamata Olives (I omitted this ingredient - olives aren't my thang)
Salt & Pepper
1-2 tablespoons olive oil

Mix all of those goodies together and let it sit in the fridge for a half hour or so.  Meanwhile, cook up some spaghetti and get your chompers ready!  After the sauce has set for a bit, pile it all together, top with some fresh parmesan and chow down!  

If you'd like the mixture warmed, just nuke it in the microwave for 30 seconds or so.  I had our leftovers for lunch today reheated and it was sooooooooo good.  It's a very fresh combination, healthy and super easy!

2 comments:

  1. YUMMY...I really want to try that. Have to remind me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about spaghetti. This looks fantastic, I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...