Thursday, January 26, 2012

Two of Those Outfits: Mellow Yellow

Week two of classes are complete and so far, so good.  My schedule is quite lax this semester which is quite pleasant after a rather hectic fall last year.  I'm enjoying the calm :)
I'm actually moving backwards with my outfits this week as this first number was worn on Wednesday.  The sweater dress was a Christmas gift from my mom which I actually picked out while we were killing time around Thanksgiving before a lunch date with childhood friends.  I can't recall the name of the store it came from but it was one of those shops FULL of different vendors.  I'm quite taken with it.
I finished this one off with an old cardi, gifted tights and boots from the mister and a necklace I made from an old snake and stone screwback earring.  One of these days I'll get a close up of it as it's pretty killer!  
 To be honest, so far after teaching each day this semester, I've come home and have crashed for a bit.  My day ends early enough that I'm able to squeeze in some mini-naps that don't disrupt my night sleeping which I LOVE.  Once the mister gets home, I roust myself up and have him snap a few shots and I begin my late afternoon/early evening routines.  I have always been a napper due to lifelong thyroid battles but the older I get, the less I'm able to find time to steal time away for them.  With a more mellow schedule right now, I'm taking full advantage and napping when I can.  
 A few weeks back, I hit the motherload on awesome vintage tops, this shirt included.  Each was only $1 and I loaded up.  I even scored an early 60s Vera shirt that is to die for.  While the pattern is certainly floral, I refer to this shirt as my chicken shirt.  It looks chicken-y or yolk-y to me for some reason :)  I threw on a black sweater from Gap clearance that I'm beyond glad I didn't put back on the rack, some Gap clearance slacks that are the smallest pair of pants I've bought in a long time, booties from the mister and a necklace made and gifted to my by a friend.  

So here's to riding this smooth, calm train for as long as I can!  Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, girl you look so groovy! Love those yellow tights. This color suits you!~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...