Friday, February 10, 2012

Two of Those Outfits: Pussy Bows

A fairly uneventful week, for the most part, in my neck of the woods.  Classes have finally found their rhythm and I'm getting to know my students better and better.  Winter has finally found us (BOO!) so these photos were taken quickly so we could race back into our heated house.
While wearing Monday's outfit, I had a student comment on how oddly I dressed compared to most others, but in a good way. I took it as a grand compliment.  I dress to please myself.  I've ALWAYS hated to blend in with the masses, especially when it comes to style, so hearing those words made me feel a sense of pride. 
There were a few years that I lost my style due to work restrictions.  Dressing for myself wasn't an option and when I did, I was often made to feel bad for doing so.  I'll never allow that to happen again.  Take me as I am, weird clothes and all.
Sweater was Gap clearance some years back, handmade estate sale skirt (also seen here), Gap tights, gifted booties and the glorious western tie found recently at an estate sale.  

On Wednesday, I pulled out another estate sale score - this polka dotted set found for $1 along with at least 10 other killer tops.  I scored big that day.  BIG.
I found myself wishing I owned a skinny white belt for this outfit but I survived just fine without one.  Gap clearance slacks, Target booties and Zippo flame earrings.  Easy Peasy.
Did you know that the large bows that women wear with blouses (then and now) are currently referred to as pussy bows?  I didn't believe it until I reluctantly googled it.  It's true.
I'll be doing a bit of subbing next week so there's a good chance another outfit will be thrown into the mix.  Lucky you, no?

3 comments:

  1. What? so bizarre those bows are called that! Anyway, awesome find on that blouse & skirt- love the texture & pattern of it, so pretty! So sweet of your student! I def felt stifled in my style at past jobs, I got stared at enough just by being the foreign girl and def didn't appreciate my legs getting stared at in totally appropriate length skirts- phew, sure glad that's over!
    http://dusanabotswana.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hі theге, after reading this remarkable artіcle i am
    as well delighted to share my fаmilіаrity here with cοlleаgues.


    Hеre is my blog www.selfhelptechniques.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...