Thursday, March 29, 2012

Our Wedding Ceremony, Four Years Ago

Four years ago today, my dad walked me down the aisle to my mister.  I felt no fear.
 The weather was chilly, with a slight wind and the sky was beautifully overcast.  We stood among my sister, my best friend (and the baby in her belly :), my brother-in-law and my mister's best friend.  The cutest and sweetest Tulsa Court Judge officiated while a dear, dear friend from college was our spiritual leader through the service.  She read words from Khalil Gibran and shared beautiful thoughts on us and our union.  My sister read a Cherokee wedding blessing
Our ceremony by the water was sweet, free of religious teachings and perfect.  I wish I knew what had made us belly laugh so hard :)
 Rings were exchanged, kisses were shared and that was it.  We were married.  
 Four years in and I can still say that it was one of the best decisions I've ever made.  Our journey thus far has been amazing.  We've laughed, we've cried, we've learned, we've loved.  We've grown.
And we're still truckin'.  Too many more, my dear Handle!

1 comment:

  1. this is just what i was looking for your thoughtful disection of the issues gives an amazing understanding of what the actual real issues are here and you get to the heart of the issue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...