Friday, March 9, 2012

Two of Those Outfits: Shifty Zips

One of my all-time favorite vintage clothing items to hunt for and own are shift dresses that button or zip down the middle.  Back in high school and my early college years, I had lots of luck finding these guys but in the past ten years, no such luck.  I don't know if they had a surge in popularity or if I just had a surge in good luck finding them for a few years but in the past decade, I've only come across ONE that is to my liking.  Fortunately, when I was in my shifty heyday, I was able to accumulate enough to wear a different one each day of the week...and boy do I wear those dresses!
 Both of the dresses seen in this post have literally been around the world with me.  I've worn them with pants, no jackets, shirts underneath, tennis shoes, flats...you name it, I've tried these dresses with it.  To me, they are indispensable and incredibly versatile.  
 On Monday, Oklahoma had some pretty fierce winds, so strong that they knocked the power out at school!  I was teaching Speech class where I videotape EVERYTHING so we had the outage and our collective freakout on video :)  We ended up relocating class to outside which was absolutely perfect.  
 Monday's outfit was composed of a vintage shift dress, gifted BRIGHT tights, Target clearance booties, Anthro clearance sweater and vintage coin necklace.
 After last week's rather *rowdy* classroom atmosphere, this week was smooth sailing.  Thank goodness.  
 Midterms were taken (much to my students' dismay) and Group Discussions were completed.  One discussion focusing on the qualities that a good president should have was particularly interesting.  Put eight students from eight different countries in a room and let them talk about American politics and you're bound to get some eye opening insight into your government.  Have I mentioned how much I love my job?  ;)
This outfit is pretty much a repeat of the last, just in different hues.  Vintage shift dress, gifted tights, gifted booties, ooooooold clearance Gap sweater and vintage coin necklace.

And yes, it has officially become warm enough in Oklahoma for us to start watering, hence the garden hose.  Although yesterday we had moments of sleet.  Oklahoma has bipolar weather.  Truly.

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving those yellow tights! Both these dresses look so lovely and comfortable, the best combo ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those dresses! They remind me of the 1960s house wife, but with a smack of realism. Now I want some!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...