Monday, April 9, 2012

Artichoke Heart Salad (Mega Easy!)

At the end of every semester, we always celebrate by having an International Food Party which is easily my favorite day of the semester.  I always joke with the students to wear large clothes so you can eat to your heart's content.  Really, I'm only partly joking when I say that ;)  

We encourage the students to bring foods that represent their home countries and, with mine being the U.S., I chose to bring an incredibly simple dish passed down from my Granny that is the epitome of an American dish, in my opinion.  I shared my other go-to salad a while back, equally yummy.
You'll need:

Chopped Frozen Broccoli (of course these veggies can be fresh!)
Frozen French Style Green Beans 
1/2 Chopped White Onion
2 Cans Artichoke Hearts
1 Package Ranch Salad Dressing Mix (requires milk and mayonnaise)
 
 In a large bowl, mix together green beans, broccoli, chopped onion and chopped artichokes.
 In another bowl, mix together the Ranch salad dressing per the directions on the package.  My Granny (and Mom) preferred the Buttermilk version but I just do the plain ol' kind to keep it a bit less fattening :)
 Pour the dressing over the veggies and refrigerate the salad overnight.  
 The following day, PIG OUT!  For me, this salad has the trifecta:  broccoli, green beans and artichoke hearts.  It doesn't get much better than that.  Then soak them all in Ranch?  Oh man, it's GOOD.
 Not only is it delicious, it's ridiculously easy, cheap and feeds an army!  Oh, and people WILL ask you how you did it.  :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...