Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My BIG News!!

Remember yesterday when I mentioned that I had big news to share?  Well, here it is...I have new types of clothes to shop for at estate sales because...
...I'M PREGNANT!

Yup, I'm 15 weeks along and due at the end of September, one day after my birthday to be exact!  I actually found out TWO DAYS before this semester began so you've been watching me progress this entire time!  If you're dying to go back through and see if you can notice any changes, you can see all of my first trimester outfits here.  I considered not even doing outfit posts once I found out but figured I probably wouldn't start showing until the end of the semester so I went for it!  I'm still in my regular clothes and just this week and am starting to notice a perma-beer belly.  My sister swears up and down my ladies are larger but I haven't been able to tell for myself.  

It's been quite surreal, to be honest.  In comparison to most, I think I've had it pretty easy but that's not to say that it's all been flowers, rainbows and bunnies!  In MANY of my outfit photos, I had just woken up from a nap.  I have been freaking exhausted!  I never got sick but I felt like I had a 24/7 hangover for about a month or so.  Not fun.  No food sounded good so I actually ended up losing weight!  Other than a few other *minor* complaints, it's been pretty smooth sailing.  Now, my energy, motivation and creative-drive is back and food is my best friend again!  Yay!  

We're excited and terrified, all mixed into one.  I'd be lying if I said we weren't scared!  We've already made a few changes to start accommodating another being in the house such as completely moving my workspace into the office and purchasing all new office furniture, which is a REALLY funny story that I've been waiting to share with you until I released this news :)

I do still have shows lined up this year (like Blue Dome and WoodyFest to mention a few) and will still be running The Alliday Show on December 15th so I won't be disappearing!  And I promise not to become a mommy blogger ;)  I'll continue to do some outfit posts here and there and, get this, I'm making it a goal of mine to not buy but one item of maternity clothing new - jeans.  My goal is to either make my clothes, wear regular clothes (yay, flowy hippy dresses in summer!), find vintage or scour thrift stores throughout this.  I'm excited about this challenge!  

So yeah, there's my big news!  You have NO idea how hard it has been for me not to write all about my thoughts and feelings as I've progressed through this!  We really wanted to wait until I hit my second trimester and knew that everything was looking hunky-dory before we let this 'go viral'.  I'm glad we've made it to this point and I have been able to share with you :)  

Cheers!  (Have a drink for me, will ya?  ;)

6 comments:

  1. So excited for you! Do me a favor and don't buy all the cute baby clothes at thrift stores! Are you planning on finding out if its a boy or girl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'll do my best to leave some clothes for you :) Yup, we've got that ultrasound scheduled for the end of the month!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations and the happiest of wishes to you and the Hubs! I thought that you all were not "kid" people, but you just changed my image of you. The first baby is the most exciting and wonderful thing in the world and I love to watch others experience it because there is nothing in the world like it. And while a second child is loved as much, the experience is not the same. Savor every (nauseating) moment of it!!! I felt hung over and seasick the entire time I was pregnant, especially the first time, and realized the only thing that made me feel better was ice cream. Not a healthy solution. The smell of spring sickened me for years and I'm just getting over not getting queasy when I smell it. Also, you are due at exactly the same time as another TCC friend of mine at NEC (Bethany Larkey Stevenson). Anyway, I am so excited to watch you grow - in many ways. And the mommy blogger thing, would be cool if you combine it with your artistic stuff (occasionally)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there will be some kid posts here and there as I'm sure I won't be able to help it at least a little! :) Honestly, I never imagined myself having a kid until a few years ago. I'm hoping I get more kid oriented soon! ha!

      Delete
  3. Yeah! It is terrifying, but fun. I am still a bit traumatized by the life changes, but figuring it out. I was lucky and had no morning sickness at all. Hope you aren't feeling too queasy this spring.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...