Monday, May 14, 2012

One of Those Outfits: 21 weeks & Mother's Day

Well, I'm honest-to-god, for really-real showing now.  There's really no hiding it.  It's SO bizarre.  I'm having a hard time believing that I'm just going to continue to keep growing and growing and growing.  I've felt little flutters here and there but nothing externally yet in regards to kicking.  I'm working at ignoring the 'tidbits' that I don't care to hear and just trucking on along with this thing, hoping it flies by!  
 Yesterday was Mother's Day and I was truly surprised to get Mother's Day wishes myself!  I spent the majority of the day in my new workspace busting out LOTS of new pieces for Blue Dome this weekend!  We took an early afternoon break to head over to my uncles' house for some KFC, tres leches and family time.  I could have done without the KFC but whatevs ;)  Later that evening, the mister and I headed to the airport to pick up my sister who is farting around Tulsa for the next week.  In fact, she'll be playing a show on Wednesday at The Hunt Club if you're looking for something to do!  While we were at the airport, our wonderful, new-ish neighbors (also expecting their first!) rang and had a pet sitting emergency so around 11 p.m. last night, we welcomed their small, white, terrier guy to our household.  The beast and him had only met through the fence before so it was quite an experience getting them both calmed down so we all could sleep last night!  Someone (ME) is mighty sleepy today as a result.
My wardrobe options are shrinking daily, pun intended.  But it's making me be more creative when it comes to dressing.  It's also making me do a few repeats here and there, too!  Yesterday's outfit was a super comfy one (one of my requirements for a grand ensemble) and perfectly suited for a low-key Sunday holiday.  

The sweater tank came from Victoria's Secret nearly 15 years ago!  When I was in high school, I loved ordering clothes from their magazines (no, not the slutty clothes ;).  This was one of the few pieces to remain in my collection.  I have a pretty sweet picture of me partying in this top at 18 years old with a pixie cut.  I'll have to hunt that one down for you...  I found the handmade, vintage skirt for a quarter at a garage sale on Saturday (that I thought should have been marketed as an outdoor estate sale!).  I wasn't sure if it would fit or not but after a quick wash and fitting session, I was pleased to find it would work just perfectly :)  I love its weight and that pattern is perfection, to me.  The cardigan is an old Target clearance rack find, the shoes are my new beloved Birks and the necklace was made by me yesterday morning for the Blue Dome stock!
 I'm imagining that this week will be a busy one with show prep, sis in town and work but that's ok - I thrive on the hustle and bustle...with a nap here and there :)

3 comments:

  1. You are adorable and I'm glad you are deciding to throw caution to the wind and ignore the ignorant people who think they know what's best for you. You are glowing and gorgeous and you are going to be an amazing mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so beautiful!! Good luck and sell lots at blue dome this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a crazy night, always makes it hard to concentrate at work w/ things liek that but so nice of u to help! Crazy but great u've had clothing for so long! yay you are showing, & I love seeing it as much as possible, like in the dress below, show of that beautiful "baby bump" : ).
    http://dusanabotswana.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...