Monday, June 25, 2012

102 Degrees + 6.5 Months Pregnant

I survived.  And it wasn't terrible.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I like Oklahoma summers, 100 degree days and all.  People think I'm insane but whatevs, I probably am in many regards :)  
I finished up Vintage Market Days yesterday after 24 hours (over 3 days) in a field in Bixby with other various vintage dealers.  The vibe was quite nice and I luckily had a booth somewhat situated in the shade.  Many friends came out to visit which truly made my weekend :)  I drank ridiculous amounts of water, ate my share of snow cones, zip-tied an umbrella to my chair and enjoyed the first days of summer.
I had really hoped to do lots of shopping but most of the booths that I fancied were a bit pricier than what I am willing to pay. I prefer to cut out that middle man when hunting for vintage so I can get the good deals.  That's not to say I didn't come home with anything, though!
I moved a little bit of everything which was exciting but it was just little bits which was a bit of a bummer.  Those with furniture booths seemed to clear out half of their inventory by Saturday!  But I was thrilled with what I sold and to whom I sold :)  I cleaned out some of my vintage clothes, sold my first article of clothing that I MADE (!!!), found homes for some of the new pillow coverings (and got great feedback on them!) among other little treasures that made it indoors before I did.
One complaint, if I may - To the three women who sat 50 feet away while watching a noticeably pregnant women set up a canopy by herself without helping, well, I have very unkind thoughts for you.  To everyone else out there who does shows, help your neighbors (pregnant or not) and you'll be amazed how it comes back to you.  Complaint over :)

Oh, and if you've never been under a tornado siren when one has gone off (this one was testing), then you're not living!  I had NO idea how loud those suckers were!  Pretty sure it was heard loud and clear by those in the womb!
I've opened the shop back up and hope to add some more goodies to it soon!  I also plan on hosting a fun Facebook sale with the vintage clothes that didn't sell very soon so keep your eyes open!  
I've one more show next month and then I'll be done with shows until after our little lady is here!  Ahh!  With that being said, I'll be running lots of specials here and there to help with our baby funds! :)  
Hasta pronto!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you only have "thoughts" for those women, because I have some words and glares to go with that. I can't believe anyone would do that.

    That said, I'm glad you like the summers here because we swam all weekend and were still hot! Your tent looked so cute and I'm still sorry I didn't make it by. It looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear it was a good show for you! I agree with you about the prices, because I actually enjoy the "treasure hunt" of digging through estate sales and thrift stores to find hidden gems (and the smaller price tag doesn't hurt either). But it was a really fun show to browse for sure.

    Your booth looked so lovely situated out in the middle of the little meadow like that! Nice work, mama. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...