Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Alliday 3.0

Maybe you remember back in the fall when I was SUPER busy with the end of the semester and getting ready for my second annual Alliday!  I had planned to do a nice follow up post about the show but first came the holidays, then bump surprise and before I knew it, it was June!  But better late than never, eh?
On Saturday, December 17th, we hosted our second annual Alliday Show at the Fairgrounds with 80 handmade artists from Oklahoma and surrounding states.  I was THRILLED with our turnout and the reception the show had.  I was on cloud nine for quite some time :)  We had fabulous media coverage, amazing supporters and ridiculously talented artists who made the show a success.  All I did was give them a place to converge.  
When I found out I was pregnant earlier this year, I never hesitated about hosting another Alliday.  Some (many) have expressed that I must be crazy and maybe I am but crazy has worked for me over the years!  The little lady will be 2-3 months old and I'll be at home with her full time when I'm used to running around for three different jobs.  Yes, yes, I know that having a baby is different but I also know that I thrive on having too many irons in the fire ;)  I have an amazing support network in family and friends that I know I can count on which gives me the confidence that I can do this!  Plus, it's not my first Alliday rodeo so I'll know what to expect for the most part!  

In preparation for baby and event planning, I'm working on getting as much squared away as possible right now!  Applications are up and ready for artists, details are being finalized and I'm already beginning to get excited about the event!  I would be beyond grateful if you mentioned the show to creatives around you, put the show on your calendar to shop and came out to support in any way!
It's hard to believe that it's already in its third year!  It wouldn't be where it is (nor would I) without your support and encouragement :)  

1 comment:

  1. You are a busy girl and don't let anyone tell you what you're capable of! You won't be like me and want to sit at home for months after having a baby because you're too scared to get out. You will strap that little girl to you and just take off. Might I suggest practicing with one of the lovely wraps that are out now. They can be a bit hard to get used to, and if you don't start baby early, she may not like it, but they are great and I can totally see you with one. It basically just makes the baby an attachment of you. Plus, it makes nursing easier if you decide to do that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...