Monday, July 2, 2012

One of Those Outfits: 27 Weeks

This past weekend, I found myself in estate sale sensory overload.  There were TWENTY-FOUR estate sales in the Tulsa area.  It was quite overwhelming.  I only hit about 10 of them and felt like a failure ;)  For what I hunt for, there were two pretty good ones where I walked away with some nice vintage pieces that should work with this belly of mine, one of which is this handmade dress below.
In addition to a few dresses, I also grabbed a few belts which I'm learning are my saving grace mentally.  Belts are the only thing that make me feel like I have any sort of a waist!  Not going to lie, I'm having issues with the weight gain.  I wish I didn't care, but I do. I know it's good and it means that all is well but it's not my favorite part of pregnancy.  I'm sure in a few years, I won't even think twice about it but right now, it's hard for me to ignore.  I'm working on being OK with it though :)
I'm still working on not buying any maternity clothing except for a few staples.  Early on I bought two maternity tank tops (black and white) that are basically just spaghetti tanks that are super stretchy which have been lifesavers.  In addition to that, this weekend I went to Target and picked up two pairs of maternity shorts to finish out the summer in.  Man, those panel things are NOT flattering to try on but work wonders under tops!  It's nice to have at least one option other than skirts and dresses!  Other than those items, I don't plan on buying any more maternity gear.   
  Things are going well on the bump front.  I'm now one week away from being in the third trimester which is insane.  Part of me wants to hurry this thing up and the other wants it to slow the hell down.  Just last week, three different strangers asked if I was expecting or when I was due.  I guess I'm really looking it now!  No stranger belly touches...yet.  I feel very behind in terms of nursery registry business but I'm optimistic that we'll be ready for when she comes.  Things are getting much more real!
 
Yesterday, we were invited to dinner by a couple that I used to house sit for for many, many years.  I used to make quite the second income house and pet sitting back in the day!  This is what I almost wore.  I changed seconds before we walked out the door.  Oh this fickle mind!  The Heidi braids stayed though :)  

Dress:  Estate Sale, $3
Belt:  Handmade Peruvian gift from my sister
Shoes:  Payless several years ago

3 comments:

  1. Cute hair! And the weight thing is hard, but hopefully you will get more used to it and just be anxious to see your feet again! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I believe you're allowed to feel however you want about the look of pregnancy, I just have to say you are one of the most beautiful pregnant chicks I've ever seen. You look fabulous, and your sweet girl is going to be gorgeous like her mama. I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so beautiful! I wish you wouldn't worry about your weight, but I understand how it is. One of the many amazing and weird things about pregnancy, to me, is how every woman's body responds SO DIFFERENTLY. You're not doing anything wrong, it's just how your body is working with pregnancy. I know it's stressful, but I really did find the baby weight relatively easy to lose. Plus, you get rid of 10 lbs the very day you give birth and then another 10 literally fall off in the following few weeks as your body contracts back. You got this, girl. 11 more weeks for you! That's no time at all ... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...