Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Swap-O-Rama-Rama

Like I mentioned yesterday, last week was a bit hectic.  I was, however, able to steal away for a night to join my wonderful creative group, make:Tulsa, host Swap-O-Rama-Rama!  Last year during the event, I was visiting my sister (as chronicled here, here, here, here, here and here :) so I was super stoked to be in town for it this year but I just didn't know if I could swing it...I was elated to make it :)
So what in the world is Swap-O-Rama-Rama?  Well, you bring a bag of unwanted clothes, throw it all in a pile, grab pieces that speak to you and learn to make new things out of old things with the help of us! 
Philbrook Museum hosted the event which was awesome because their current exhibit is right up our upcycling alley and B Sew-Inn donated sewing machines for us to use!  
We had various project stations set up to teach you this and that.  If my memory serves me correctly, there were a-line skirts, tie pouches, t-shirt dog toys, racer-back t-shirts and t-shirt bags (my booth!).  Miss Holly helped me make a dog toy (as seen on my Instagram - you can follow me @bifftastica) for the beast even though he's not much of a player :)
I enjoyed myself SO MUCH.  It was so nice to give my brain an evening off from the past few days and the ladies that I helped make bags were a joy to spend time with!  
If you didn't make it this year, don't fret!  We'll be back next year with another one and I'll make sure to be better about letting you know ahead of time!  
And in the meantime, think outside of the box with your old clothes.  Just because your favorite tee doesn't fit like it used to doesn't mean it can't serve another purpose!  
Happy Upcycling!  :)

2 comments:

  1. I need an advance heads up to this event next year!! Sounds TOOOO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! I went to the first one of these when it was at The Collective. It has grown so much! wow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...