Monday, August 6, 2012

Nursery Progress: Baby Steps

It's official.  The nursery is the nicest room in the house.  The mister has worked tirelessly to revamp this room better than I ever thought possible.  With new wall paint, new trim paint, new ceiling paint, wallpaper removed, new wall paper installed (thanks to my dad for that help!!), new can lighting, extra outlets installed, base shoe installed (someone removed it years ago when they had the house carpeted...we need to base shoe the entire house now!), and freshly cleaned floors, this room is sparkling.  It's hard for me to believe that just a little while ago it looked like this.
 There were many times that I found myself frustrated because I worried we wouldn't be ready in time and I was unable to help with this or that but I had to learn to trust.  We've still got a few things to finish up but now, it could house a little person!  Vera seems to think though that the entire room is hers ;)
 I haven't been grabbing my camera lately so phone photos it is.  All the furniture, with the exception of the crib, has been handed down, revamped from the rest of the house or sought out at antique shows.  I hand painted that dresser and changing table...let's just say I NEVER want to paint another spindle in my life!

We've been very fortunate to have friends and family who have passed along some invaluable goodies to us, in addition to heirloom blankets :)  It's been fun starting to organize things and to envision actually USING this stuff!  Very, very soon!
 The lockers are our current project.  They are almost completely installed and I am LOVING them!  Once installed, we'll be putting a few rods in between them to create our own closet!  Then the mister will make a shelf to go across the top of it all to house fun things that won't quite be good for little hands just yet.  I am VERY ready to start hanging little clothes up and decorating!
We've got 7 more weeks to go (if she stays in until 40 weeks!) and a few more showers (we are incredibly lucky, to say the least) so I trust that we'll be quite ready for her arrival (at least in terms of the nursery ;) when she decides to make her appearance!  Now to convince her to keep her foot out of my rib for the remainder of this thing....

4 comments:

  1. ahhh it looks GREAT!!! The wallpaper is so pretty!! And so totally "you"! Love love love it! I can't wait to see the finished product! Tell your dad and the Mr they've done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You certainly deserve some of this wallpaper credit too! Your expertise is nothing less than invaluable! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, Briana, it looks gorgeous! The lockers will be the perfect finishing touch, and they'll add so much character. It's only fitting that a cool baby like yours would have such a cool room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the finished room with all these fun parts and pieces! You are looking great momma. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...