Monday, September 3, 2012

My First Quilt

A few months back, I told the mister that I wanted to make a quilt for the little lady before she was born.  I'd never made a quilt before, let alone seen one being made.  He politely reminded me that I already had TONS on my mental pre-baby to-do list and, since I'd never even made a quilt before, maybe that should be something I not worry about getting completed.  And I somewhat agreed so I didn't really think about it much more.  
 Well, after ferociously making some changing pad covers (followed this great tutorial) out of vintage sheets Friday night, I realized that I had these perfect 8x8" squares leftover in colors that matched Rio's room and that would work perfectly as the beginning pieces of a quilt!  So at midnight on Friday night, I started piecing things together and by Sunday morning, I was done with my first ever quilt!  :)
 It's almost 3'x3' so it's not huge (and wasn't overwhelming) but it's perfect for a little person!  I backed it with some fun vintage polyester fabric that matched the colors quite well and that is surprisingly mighty soft.  It's not perfect but that's what makes it perfect.  I couldn't be more pleased with it and I can't wait to give it to the little lady :)
Maybe there will be more impromptu quilts in my future, at least I hope that there will be, but probably not anytime soon...

3 comments:

  1. Great job. A friend of mine LOVES to quilt and it is hard work. I think it is perfect for little Rio!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...