Saturday, September 22, 2012

Tick Tock, Tick Tock

We're playing the waiting game. With my due date on Tuesday, she could really be here at any time. I'm mega uncomfortable at this point which I take as good signs that she'll be here soon! I also look at it as good motivation to get through labor :) Things are progressing which is equal parts awesome and scary! We're all packed up and ready to go when the time comes which I truly hope is sooner rather than later! 

This whole time I thought she'd be early but she's only got 3.5 days left to make an early appearance! There's also a chance that I may be having a baby on my birthday if she decides that Monday is the day! While that would be wonderful and one hell of a gift, I'm hoping that we're able to have our own birthdays but I'll take her whenever she chooses to come :)  It's quite bizarre to not know if I'll be 32 or 33 welcoming a new baby into our lives.  My sister flies in tomorrow for a week to hopefully be here for Rio's birth so I'm stoked to see her as well, of course. 
I've finally quit going to work and have been trying to relax the best I can during the calm before the storm.  That's not easy for me but being as uncomfortable as I am has been helping that relaxing goal!  Aside from sleeping, responding to calls, texts and emails and working on as much Alliday stuff as I can, I've been doing embroidery in the evenings for as long as my stiff hands will allow me to.  It's been helpful in keeping my mind busy.  I'd love to have this little door hanger done before she's here but we'll see!  The quilt portion is now done...we'll see how much I get done tonight.
The animals have been my best friends lately and for that I'm thankful.  It's like they know something is up and that I need them.  I'm excited to get their transition underway as well and am optimistic that everyone will do well.  Fingers (and paws) crossed!
My brain has a hard time focusing on anything else besides birth and baby right now.  So surreal.  So bizarre.  So exciting.  So terrifying.  Can't believe it's already time.  Can't wait to feel normal again.  Can't wait to not have to pee every 30 minutes.  Can't wait to sleep comfortably.  Can't wait to meet her.  Can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! And I forgot we have the same birthday. Happy early birthday to you - and possibly to Rio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I already have to pee all the time and that's is def in the top five dreads of mine haha. Must be so much anxiety about when she'll come so glad to hear you're trying to relax. Didn't know you had two cats, they are so pretty! So sweet how animals can sense things like that.
    http://dusanabotswana.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...