Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Dirty Pillows

The day before I went into labor, I sewed out of anger and frustration.  I was SO over being pregnant and had expected to be done with that by then but nope, this kid was stubborn much like her mom ;)  That Sunday, I busted out some curtains and more pillow covers.  Perhaps angry sewing was the natural induction method that I needed to get things moving!  
 
I've yet to add these new covers to the shop BUT I have loads of other ones that are sitting in there for pennies waiting for their homes!  I'll get these guys in there as soon as this kid lets me take some proper photos :)  I hope to make some more soon, too.  Sewing is cathartic for me.  I have loads of killer fabric that I picked up right before Rio joined us (the new ones are made from some of that fabric) that are just waiting to be stitched up! 
And in the spirit of Halloween, did you ever see the movie Carrie?  Remember when her mom called her ladies 'dirty pillows'?  I can't say pillows without thinking of that.  :)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...