Wednesday, October 24, 2012

One of Those Outfits: The Aftermath

To be completely honest, I haven't been wearing much other than the same pair of jeans and a rotation of shirts that make it easy and quick to nurse in.  I'm doing good to shower every other day and am running laundry like a mad woman because everything ends up with spit-up on it before I know it.  But all of that is ok. 
 
I'm finally getting out more and am much more comfortable with doing so.  The days (and nights) are becoming easier to deal with and I don't mind the crying *that* much.  

The other day I ran to the bank with the rug rat AND the beast.  Some thought I was crazy.  I thought we all deserved a trip out of the house.  And we did.  The beast barely acknowledged his backseat buddy and just enjoyed hanging his head out the window.  He's been fantastic through this transition, as have the cats.  
I wasn't shy about my worries regarding weight gain with pregnancy nor my concerns about the aftermath of my body.  I had NO idea how my body would handle either.  I put on exactly 40 pounds throughout my 'condition' and quickly dropped all but 10 of that once I had Rio.  How?  I have no idea.  Breastfeeding?  Forgetting to eat?  Who knows.  I'm at a point that I've been pre-pregnancy so luckily I have clothes that work just fine for me.  I've been pleasantly surprised with the physical aspects of post-pregnancy.

This dress in particular was one that I actually wore throughout much of my pregnancy.  It was long and billow-y enough to accommodate my growing belly and was comfortable enough for me to wear up until the end.   I bought it in LA last year and consider it a staple in my closet, already seen here.  My ladies don't allow it to be buttoned at this point though.  The belt came from an estate sale (and was also a pregnancy staple) and the undershirt is one I've had forever.  The birks are part of my warm-weather uniform.
 
As of today, she's three weeks and three days old.  She's already changed SO much which I know will never stop.  Her eyes are always checking things out, her smile is in attendance much more often and her hair is already growing like a weed ;)
I think we're all going to make it.

8 comments:

  1. I can't even BEGIN to tell you how happy this post makes me. I don't know, you just wear motherhood very well. I'm tremendously happy for you, and it also puts me at ease because I related to so much of what you experienced during your first time taking on something as frightening as pregnancy/parenthood. Yet to see you fall into it so gracefully and happily, while still maintaining the honesty I adore so much in you so I know those things are sincere. It all just makes me very giddy for your future with your little lady (and what a great family she'll grow up in, with all those furry brothers and sisters!).

    P.S. The last picture made me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that baby?!?! You look amazing. Seriously! And I can't believe you are that close to pre-baby weight! Its been 3 years since my last kid and I still have 1st kid weight on my booty! LOL!
    PS won't she be beautiful with long hair like her momma??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the transition from you alone in the pics to you with Rio in the belly to now you holding Rio. LOVE! She is so sweet. And you look amazing. Congrats on only having 10 pounds on you at this point. You are one of the lucky ones. Although I'm pretty sure most of that 10 pounds is in the ladies, so it should be going away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! You seem to be adjusting to motherhood wonderfully and naturally. I'm so happy for you! I have go to get the little project I'm working on for Rio finished before she grows too much!

    Love the picture of here with your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness baby is here!! So glad you're doing well & esp that Rio is! So funny w/ your hair on her and wow, you look amazing!! Love that dress on your & that is so impressive how your'e back to normal weight. Take care everyone over there : )
    http://dusanabotswana.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh & did you dress her up for Halloween? haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo! You look incredible! It came off like that for me with Tessa, here's hoping for the same luck this time :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo! You look incredible! It came off like that for me with Tessa, here's hoping for the same luck this time :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...