Monday, November 12, 2012

Pants Party!

This past weekend I had some good one-on-one time with my sewing machine.  With little time to sew, it can be a little intimidating choosing what to make!  So much pressure making that time count!  Well, with cold days here and a baby with very few pairs of pants, I decided to make pants out of random jersey scraps.  And pants galore I did make :)

I came across this fantastic tutorial online a few days ago and bookmarked it.  I'm fairly new to pattern following but this one was beyond easy.  These were a breeze to make!  In fact, I've made six...so far :)
This was the pair that started it all, made from a dress that I have had since high school, affectionately known as the carrot dress.  One Halloween, my best friend wore this dress (long sleeve, long dress, alllllll orange) with a stuffed bunny pinned to the butt and a fake plant stuck in her hair.  She was a carrot and it was awesome.  Now the carrot dress has been reincarnated to cover my kid's tush. 
And what's a fashion post without a little modeling from a little model?!  In this photo, they are pulled up pretty far (a la grandpa stylin') which tells me that she'll be able to wear them for a few months to come! 
Next up on my baby clothes making list are t-shirts.  These t-shirts to be exact.

1 comment:

  1. These are great! Rio's one stylish little girl. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...