Thursday, December 6, 2012

One of Those Outfits: Lights, Camera, Action!

Oh, hey!  Long time no outfit documentation ;)  As I'm sure you know I'm super-mega busy right now with last minute Alliday Show organization and life with a (fabulous) newborn!  During a time like this, most sane people probably wouldn't take on more but I'm far from sane so I agreed to do a live TV spot on one of our local morning news shows on behalf of make:Tulsa

I got up at 4:30, fed (the amazingly good sleeper) Rio, quickly got gussied up and was was live by 6:40 showing an easy way to make wooden spools into Christmas ornaments!  This was my first live taping with them and it was pretty fun!  I enjoy doing TV spots for some weird reason :)  I did a small segment for them this summer when I was 7 months pregnant (another thing sane people don't do - they don't go on TV when they are heavily pregnant! ;) teaching how to make magnets out of maps.  I'll be back there next week talking about Alliday, in addition to several other news shows! 

I decided to have a little fun with my outfit and dress like my ornaments :)  Everything with the exception of my tights and necklace came from estate sales.  Pretty sure this outfit cost about $4.  My dad brought the necklace back for me from South Africa and the tights came from Target, I believe.  These shoes are my go-to dress up shoes for vintage dresses. 

I filmed a second version of this which will air next Tuesday on Good Day Tulsa and will share it when I have the link!  Until then, I hope you've got Alliday on your calendar!!!

2 comments:

  1. Lookin' good! Sounds like magic is happening next door - - I bet all that magic makes you exhausted! Let me know if I can ever help out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I tend to try not to wear red and green together in outfits in fear of looking too festive...but this is great...the mint shade is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...