Wednesday, January 23, 2013

One Of Those Outfits: The First Day. Again.

I'm back!  Classes started back up for me today and I'm quite excited to be back :)  If you remember, I'm only teaching one class this semester to get myself back in the game.  For a speaking class, I've got a pretty full class with 13 students but I think it's a nice bunch and should be a good time!

What makes this semester different is that it's my first with a kid, of course!  My mom is watching Rio while I'm teaching so I feed her right before I leave and right after I return.  What that means is that not only do I need to wear teaching appropriate clothes, I have to wear breastfeeding appropriate clothing as well.  Easier said than done.
I'm going to give documenting teaching outfits this semester another go but no promises.  I'm pretty sure I can easily get a photo each day BUT I can't promise that there won't be spit up or an accidental unbuttoning that slips by so, like I said, I'll try :)

You would think with as obsessed with scarves as I am that I would have figured out fancy scarf knotting before now but I hadn't until this past week!  This should be motivation enough to get me through the rest of these wretched cold months of winter ;) 

I must say, I'm having tons of fun dressing this little one every day!  There are some days that I'll change her clothes more times than I'll change my own!  I'm sure she loves that.  All of the sudden, she's chunked up and it cracks me up.  Chubbo Tubbo.

Rio wore a (9 month) sweater from Target, pants from Kumquat courtesy of my sister, hand-me-down socks and a handmade onesie that says 'i wuv mondo' from my dear sugarbread.  And yes, that is THE beast on it.  So much awesome.

I wore a clearance dress from Anthropologie, hand-me-down jacket, old tights, booties from Sears, gifted scarf and gifted handmade green amber earrings.  Can't go wrong with black and green in my book.

In other news, I'm in desperate need of a haircut.  I'm getting the itch to chop it ALL off.  Like short short short.

3 comments:

  1. Totally going to try the fancy scarf knot- how cool! And thanks for the nod to sugarbread! You are officially my first link thingy!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Rio is CHUBTASTIC!!!! Eeeeeeee!!!!

      Delete
  2. that's wonderful you can transition back w/ just one class & that your mom can watch Rio, really sounds perfect! and haha you have the best excuse to not be on top of outfits, dont worry! Rio is SOOO sweet and chubby.
    http://dusanabotswana.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...