Saturday, March 30, 2013

One Of Those Outfits: I'm Baaaaack

Gee, right after I professed my love for documenting my garb, my outfits and I vanished.  Like I mentioned before, life got heavy and taking photos of clothing sure wasn't at the top of my priorities.  I'm back with one today though! 
I have been a sewing FOOL lately.  Every extra moment I have is spent cutting, pinning and sewing.  I've been bitten by some bug and have been making tanks, dresses, pillow covers and shirts like a mad woman to prepare for Blue Dome in May!  I'll be sharing a booth with many of my talented make:Tulsa friends and I couldn't be more excited.  The tank in these photos is just one example of what I've been making! 
I've been taking old vintage patterns and modifying them to make them more modern.  They are in alllll sorts of sizes and all sorts of crazy, awesome vintage fabrics.  I'm having an absolute ball with it all and I'm very pleased with what I've been coming up with :)
I'm starting to figure out the short hair thing again.  It always takes me a bit to get back in the game and to feel like I know what I'm doing with it!  I'm hoping the front grows out quickly so I can do more with it but I think I'll probably cut the back up a little more soon.  We'll see :)  It's fun playing around with it for now!  Part of me has also been thinking of toying with color....
This semester is already sooooo close to being done with! It's crazily flown by. We're currently working on group persuasive speeches which is an experiment in itself. I've had them do group speeches before and I've had them do persuasive speeches before but never combined. So far, I'm pleased with how things are going.  Fingers crossed!
 
This was an easy and simple teaching outfit for me last week.  Pants are from the Gap ten years ago when I got all professional, tank is handmade by moi, undertank is an amazing nursing tank that a friend handed town, same ol' black booties and coconut shell earrings I bought in Switzerland in route to India some years ago. 
 
See all that green?!  Spring is here!! :)

1 comment:

  1. You are looking more gorgeous than ever, and fashionable, too! I can't wait to see what kind of fun new things you'll have at Blue Dome. Also, I was talking about you to a coworker yesterday. We were discussing motherhood, and I was telling her what an amazing person and inspiration you are to me. I really do appreciate all the wisdom you've been sharing with me along the way. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...