Monday, April 1, 2013

An Epically Perfect Weekend

This past weekend was epically memorable in so many ways.  SO epic (to us) that I felt the need to document it so I can come back and read it in the future :)
First off, it was mine and Brent's 5 year anniversary!  My parents were kind enough to keep Rio overnight which was actually her first night away from home!!  We gave that a whirl when she was right at a month old but ended up picking her up on our way home.  This time it was much more successful for all involved.  As for the mister and I, we were able to stay out past eight (dinner out and drinks on the roof of the Mayo) and were able to blare music at home until we couldn't hold our eyes open any longer.  That was followed by being able to sleep in so really, it was the best anniversary we could have asked for :)
 
Saturday the mister got to get out and play some golf in the beautiful weather while I hung out with Rio which was perfect for all of us.  She and I took time to nap together which never happens (well, for me it never happens) so that in itself was special :)  That evening she slept like a champ making that day THAT much more awesome. 
Sunday was Easter which, even though we don't traditionally celebrate it, we gathered with both sides of my family at my folks' house and had a tremendously good afternoon.  The weather was perfect, Rio was perfect (and freaking adorable in her sunglasses and bow, courtesy of her dad ;) and it was a joy to spend time with so many family members together. 
So not only was this a fairly big weekend for us all around, but it was also a big weekend for our little lady.  Today she is six months old!  I can't believe it's flown by this quickly.  We've been holding off on solids for her until she turned six months but we decided that yesterday was the day so bananas it was!  A bigger Rio update coming soon :)


It was one of those weekends that felt like it was 6 days long and like it was scripted to be perfect. 
You know the kind I'm talking about.
Epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...