Thursday, May 2, 2013

5x5 Again

For the past three years, I've contributed a piece to the Tulsa Artists' Coalition 5x5 show and every year, I finish it last minute, turn it in on the last day and never get any good pictures!  This year though, I finished ONE day before it was due (still turned it in last minute though ;) and actually took a few minutes to take some photos!  

You can see my other contributions here and here.
I'm not handy with art in the sense of pen, pencils, paint or anything in that realm.  I do think I'm OK at putting together mixed media pieces though with interesting color stories.  Or maybe I'm not but that's the type of thing I like to contribute :)  
Each year, I like to make a piece involving old paper, jewelry or buttons so that if one person wanted a collection of my stuff (yeah right!) then the pieces would somewhat compliment each other!  I do know that the first year I tossed a piece in, it sold opening night!  I never went and checked last year though so I have no clue if it ever found a home.

This year I, obviously, went for a blue and green theme and used old patterns as my medium since I've been knee deep in vintage patterns as of late!  I topped it off with a vintage earring that told me it belonged front and center  :)  I always like to hang my 5x5s by their corners but it never seems the gallery sees it that way.  The beauty of them though is that they can hang whichever way you please.
The show starts tomorrow night (Friday, May 3rd) at 5:55 p.m. and all pieces are $55 each, benefiting TAC.  If I can get a certain someone I live with to watch a certain little person I live with for a bit, I'll be there :)

1 comment:

  1. After I initially commented I seem to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on every time a comment is added I recieve four emails with the exact same comment.

    There has to be a way you are able to remove me from that
    service? Thanks a lot!

    My web page wealthwayonline.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...