Thursday, May 9, 2013

One of Those Outfits: Looking Up

You ever have one of those days?  One of those weeks?  This week started out that way but we're working on turning things around.
Poor Rio is teething so some nights are a little rough but Monday night was A BEAST.  She barely slept which meant I barely slept.  I was in very poor spirits that following day and didn't even want to be around myself.  On top of being exhausted, one of our kitties suddenly quit eating, going to the bathroom and was not herself.  This immediately brought back raw feelings of losing Pimmy so recently.  I also was/am battling a terrible nursing related infection that is worse than I could even begin to explain.  Nursing 6 times a day equals pure torture 6 times a day.  And, needless to say, I'm mega crazy busy as usual.
Since those first few nights this week though, things have been looking up some.  I still have a terrible infection and don't look forward to nursing BUT I've since been to the doctor and we're working on getting this remedied.  Seeing a light at the end of that tunnel is making me power through the pain.  Sammie went to the vet yesterday and we were able to rule out kidney issues which is what took our Pimmy.  She did go back this morning though for a little blood work so we can pinpoint exactly what's going on.  She was certainly more herself this morning so that's uplifting!  Keep your paws crossed for her.  And finally, the kid has had a couple of good nights since the beastly night so that helps all around.  

The things that are keeping me so busy are things that I love to do so that's a positive too.  I'm getting excited for Blue Dome Arts Festival with my maker friends and am having fun organizing all of that :)  On that same weekend of the festival, I'm also doing an hour-long presentation about the evolution of the craft world and such to the Oklahoma Business Women's conference.  Yeah, no big deal.  Here's to hoping my speech teacher skills come in handy!

Even though the first few days of this week blew, I made a conscious decision to do my best to make the most of it.  I started getting up earlier with the kid (preparing to teach a morning class this summer!) and making myself feel good with my outward appearance.  It's amazing how much of a difference that can make.  
This morning after our vet visit, I carted myself over to the salon while my mom kept the kid and got a haircut.  I know, TWO haircuts in a year.  I'm on a roll!  I needed a little pampered, quiet time to rejuvenate myself.  It was quite nice and now I don't feel so fluffy up top :)
So even when things are looking quite sh*tty, sometimes it's best to slap yourself in the face, stare the day down and make the best of it all.

This was yesterday's ensemble.  I've thrown jeans out the window this week in favor of skirts and dresses.  I think it's been helping my spirits.

Shirt - Gap Clearance several years ago / Skirt - Recent Estate Sale (which came with a matching shirt!) / Scarf - Great Granny's / Shoes - my faithful Birkenstocks / Earrings - Gleeful Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...