Friday, July 26, 2013

Negatives and Positives

Typically, I have a class I'm teaching or preparing for but this summer, my obligations have been few and far between so I've taken on a monster of a project during downtime at the office:  I'm scanning every single photo and negative in my family's possession.  It's insane. 
I've been working on this project for about a month now and have scanned probably around 5,000 images.  The trips down memory lane have been frequent and amazing.  There are so many images that I had never seen before and some that I had completely forgotten about.  Animals that we once shared our beds with, passed family members in their prime, little me looking exactly like little Rio, outfits that I would kill to have again (and in adult sizes).  Such gifts in these images.

I'm nearing the end of this scanning process which means I've begun the process of editing and digitally organizing it all.  My plan is to burn disks for everyone in our family, immediate and extended, with folders pertaining to them and their side of the family.  I figure I have another month or two left of work and then school will be back in session and Alliday planning will be in full swing so my organization compulsions will be focused elsewhere. 

1 comment:

  1. Admirable! I look forward to the day when I undertake that project in my world.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...