Sunday, October 13, 2013

One of Those Outfits: A Purple Dancer

I know there are lots of people who don't care to go to weddings.  I am not one of those people.  I love them.  I love watching the union of two who love each other, I love the pomp and circumstance, I love the free food and drink ;), I love the dancing, I love seeing so many great people and I really like getting gussied up for them!  
This outfit is really nothing to write home about...yet I'm blogging about it ;)  I miss doing outfit posts with the regularity that I once did so when I have the opportunity to get somewhat dolled up and have a moment to get snapped, I'm going to take advantage! :)
Within the past year, one of my OTHER favorite things about weddings is that we get all night babysitters, courtesy of my parents!  This was the fourth overnight-er for her/us and it was probably the best since she sleeps all night now and since we're only nursing twice a day now.  So much easier for all involved. It's a great gift to have an evening without a kid ever so often. 
So last night, we witnessed two of our very tall friends (affectionately known as 'The Giants') seal the deal and make this thing official.  It was a fantastic ceremony that was totally them.  The reception was equally enjoyable.  I, literally, kicked off my heals and danced until every muscle in my body was sure to feel the pain today.  Worth it.  Little known fact (or not), back in college I clubbed.  A LOT.  At least once a week, we'd hit different clubs in Oklahoma City and danced until the early morning hours.  Probably the best shape I've ever been in!  At that same time, before I knew the mister, Brent was also hitting those same clubs and raves.  We probably shimmied right past each other more times than we know.  I danced like I used to dance last night and it was good for my soul.
Another awesome tidbit about this particular wedding is that it was held on the top floor of a very, tall building downtown.  Quite fitting for the giants, now that I think of it ;)  We were catapulted up to the 41st floor where we could see all of Tulsa and a gorgeous sunset from up high.  Perfect.
On to the clothes.  I had another number picked out to wear but it was a bit more summery than what I felt in the air and was VERY vibrant for an evening wedding so I pulled out this frock that I picked up at an estate sale a while back (surprise, surprise) for a whopping dollar.  I had forgotten that it was a long dress but that made me love it even more.  It is somewhat sheer so I wore a little black slip dress underneath to fix that issue.  It was tons of fun to dance in and felt classically beautifully to me.  I felt purty :)
Dress - Estate Sale / Shoes - Borrowed from my Moma / Amethyst Necklace and Earrings - hand me down from my Moma

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...