Friday, November 8, 2013

Perfection is Overrated

Sometimes I feel like blogs and the online side of people in general is too perfect.  We are able to select what we share, can edit photos to our liking (although I really have no clue how to do that!) and often only talk about the sunny side of life.  I do it, I know.  It makes sense though because we want to remember and reflect on the positives but at the same time, it paints our lives in an unrealistic light.  So today, I'm sharing a glimpse into the normal, every day NOT perfect side of our life.
Rio cries, even though I only show happy, smiley faces.  She makes messes that I sometimes wish I could erase from my memory.  Our cats sometimes eat our plants, promptly puke and often get into places that we'd rather them not be.  I've scooped more kitty litter than I could ever begin to measure.  The mutt occasionally gets sick which is traumatizing for me (ahem, 90 lb dog getting sick is GROSS) and he slobbers when he eats which means our kitchen floor is never clean for long.  Laundry sits in piles as much as I boast how clean and organized we are at home.  By the end of the week, our house needs a good talking to just as I do about over committing.  Some days I don't get a shower because I just don't flat have time.  Like today.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow's shower.  I get frustrated with the kid when I can't decipher why she's crying which in turns makes me frustrated with myself for being inpatient. Brent and I are human thus don't always see eye to eye and we tend to argue over who changed the last dirty diaper ;)  I get easily frustrated while driving which means I'm probably teaching Rio some terrible words daily.  On that note, I have the mouth of a sailor.  We live a far from perfect life.
But here's the deal.  I love it all.  The bad moments, the frustrating moments, the busy moments, even the gross moments.  All of these moments are the ones that make life worth laughing at.  They are the moments that make my little family's life perfectly imperfect.  I love our imperfection.  I love it so much that I don't want to hide it.

4 comments:

  1. Haha! I LOVE this AND I needed to hear it. Our little 15 month old has perfected the tantrum lately (I believe you witnessed one last week in the driveway) and has put me especially on edge. So, I am glad to be reminded that we are all imperfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps- I am kind of a photoshop pro (not really but i know my way around)...if you ever need a picture doctored just let me know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally love to read blog posts where people get real. This especially applies to writers with a superb sense of humor such as your own.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...