Thursday, December 12, 2013

A BIG Creative Weekend Ahead!

I've not let pregnancy or having a baby stop me from creating or sharing my creations with the public.  Since I've had a kiddo though, I haven't done a show on my own!  I've shared booths with my Make:Tulsa buds and one with my mom, oh and I produced that one show, but I haven't had my own booth in over a year.  Well, this weekend will end that streak and I CAN'T WAIT.  Indie Emporium starts tomorrow and I'll have my very own, very special booth.  I have a few new items and I'm majorly discounting TONS of stuff because, well, I'm ready to clear things out to start fresh.  

Another crazy, exciting bit about the show this weekend is that I'm participating in their fashion show.  As in I'm sending a line down the runway with models.  Yeah, like that.  I've been working on it in my head for a few months now but haven't had one extra minute to tangibly work on things until after Alliday ended.  So for the past two weeks, I've been working on putting together six looks from clothes and accessories I've made over the past few years in addition to a few new pieces just for the show!  I've never even been to a runway show before so I'm greener than green in this arena but I'm super, MEGA excited with how things are shaping up!  It's been something else for me to look at all of my pieces together to create full looks; something my mister has been trying to convince me to do for a while now.  I'm starting to realize how big of a deal this is FOR ME.  The fashion show is Saturday night if you'd like to see this thing go down live.  If not, I'll recap it with photos later!  Wish me (and my models!) luck!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love your style, and I have the whole time I've known you. Your earthy-yet-fabulous, down-to-earth creations are going to look amazing. I'm honored and excited that I'll get to sashay in front of everyone wearing something you made! I promise to rock it as hard as I possibly can. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...