Wednesday, January 8, 2014

At a Snail's Pace

I'm really doing this.  I'm really making the effort to not be so busy this year.  Eight days into the new year and I'm on a roll!  

Late last summer (or maybe early fall?) I jumped and bought this killer crewel set (among many other things!) from Simple Splendor's Instagram shop.  I think I underestimated the size and commitment of this piece but I'm bound and determined to finish it.  When I first started, I intended to complete it by my birthday.  Last September.  Yeah.  Now I intend to finish it one of these days, one of these years.  I've realized it is something that I don't NEED to rush, I don't NEED to finish it anytime soon; it's something to savor, relax and enjoy.  Over the past month, I've been trying to sit down and work on it here and there and sure enough, it's transforming slowly but surely.  I suppose I can liken that to my life - it's transforming bit by bit.  I may not see the little pieces changing but when I step back and breathe it all in, things are different.  More colorful, more fulfilled, more together, more complete.  
So here's to those changes, however small they may be for it's those little bits that really make the difference.  And here's to slowing down.  Three *slow* cheers to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...