Wednesday, January 22, 2014

One of Those Outfits: The Millionth First Day

Class is back in session as of today which means so is waking up early and attempting to look put together!  ;)  I thought I'd document the first day's ensemble just for kicks.  
I'm teaching the same two classes as last semester - Speaking for College (presentations!) and Reading for Academic Purposes.  Both of my classes are busting at the seams with some fantastic students from allllllll over the world which has me quite energized for the semester.  I've got good feelings about this group!  I'm mentor teaching the Speech class again to a new instructor which always helps me figure out ways to continuously improve the class.  This semester we decided to finally say goodbye to the textbook and replace it with the curriculum I've been tweaking for the past seven years.  For the past two weeks, I've been working on compiling everything into an organized teaching guide for our department and finally finished it up right before I hit the road last weekend.  Not going to lie, I'm incredibly proud of it and proud of myself for how far I've come in teaching this class.  It's an area I don't speak much about here but teaching ESL is a HUGE part of my life.  I can't imagine not doing it.

Back to the clothes.
Around these parts, it's bone-chillingly cold.  I'm a summer gal so I have to spend a little extra brain power figuring out how to dress warm while wearing something other than layers of pajamas and old man sweaters (which is exactly what I'm wearing right now while writing this!).  Sweater dress and lots of layers on the legs won.  The dress is a few sizes too big on me but I more often than not prefer things a bit too big.  One of these days I'll show some hilarious examples of that over the years. 
So it's nothing too crazy or out of the box but it kept me warm, professional enough for my gig and felt like me so it got my approval.  Here's to a successful semester full of colorful outfits and spicy international food aka my dream team!  :)

Dress - Gap clearance / Scarf - Gifted, Handmade in India / Boots - Target / 
Crocheted Tights - Gifted / Boot Socks - Gifted / Earrings - from the great beyond

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...