Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Four for the Money

For the fourth year in a row, I'm contributing a literal little piece of art for Tulsa Art Coalition's annual 5x5 fundraiser!  Keeping in line with my past creations, I've used vintage papers again.  This year's focusing on the tunes of 1973!  For you youngins out there, this was an ad for hot 8 tracks of the times.  Bitchin.
 
I also trimmed the tunes out with some equally rockin' trim and used a gorgeous yellow lace, both from that crazy haul.  For the first time ever, I made my 5x5 way before it was due and hung it up in my workspace for a bit.  It was then that any doubts about the piece disappeared and I fell in love with the way it hung.  Especially the way that trim dangles below.  In fact, if this one doesn't sell at the fundraiser, I may very well buy it back!
 
For the first time in, maybe, forever, the 5x5 opening will NOT be on May 5th.  Instead, this year, the opening will be THIS Friday, May 2nd at 5:55 and will coincide with First Friday Art Crawl.  Every single 5x5 (there are hundreds!) are for sale for $55.  After that, the pieces can be viewed and purchased during normal gallery hours.  Do check them out!  It's a fun show.  You can see my previous three contributions here, here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...