Monday, May 5, 2014

One of Those Outfits: Derby Dots

I'll be the first to admit that it's pretty lame to start off a post talking about the weather but HOLY COW, this weather is beautiful!  Winter hurts my bones but these summery days just make me feel all good inside.  And when the seasons change and I've got these good vibes going on, I just want to wear pretty things.  And wearing pretty things is what I've been up to this weekend.
If you know me at all, then you know that sports just aren't my jam.  They are, however, one of my mister's favorite things.  It's cool though.  One of the things that I can get down with when it comes to sports are our friends' gatherings to watch various sporting events.  I'll give you two guesses why the Kentucky Derby watch party is always my favorite.  Dresses and hats.  I'm in.
I actually picked this number up at an estate sale last year and have had it in waiting for this very day ever since. This is why my closets are at capacity.  When I put this dress on for the second time (ever), I commented that it really would be the perfect dress if it had pockets.  Lo and behold, hours later, I discovered a pocket that I had missed somehow!  It is perfect!  On me, it's just a smidge too long but still wearable.  And probably one of the most comfortable dresses I've ever worn.  Fact.  My mom was kind enough to loan me a cute hat to wear but the black band that adorned it just didn't jive with this ensemble.  That's when I decided that I preferred the dress without a sash and just tied it on the hat which, in my opinion, brought it all together. 
 
Let's have more days like this.  And more sporting events that require fancier duds.  I think that would be swell.

Dress - Estate Sale / Hat - Whole Foods Tulsa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...