Saturday, December 27, 2014

Soaking It Up

Ahhh, an uneventful and peaceful Christmas.  The perfect present.  After months of nonstop changes and unexpected events, I completely welcome the calm.  For a while I felt guilty not having loads of presents put together, holiday cards in the mail, or tons of kid-Christmas activities lined up.  And then I gave myself permission to not worry about any of that and suddenly, this holiday season became immediately perfect. 
I did find a little time to stitch up new stockings for myself and Brent to go along with Rio's that I made last year, which was very rewarding.  Mine is still lacking a name but that will happen one of these days. 


The holidays with the kid were a BLAST.  We made a little kitchen for her (I'll focus on it separately in the future) that she's 'making cake' for us in right now.  Hearing her sing her versions of Frosty the Snowman and Jingle Bells could be the best gift this year.  It's amazing how much these little people change within a year! 


We spent time with almost all of our families, took a small road trip, and enjoyed our first Christmas in the new abode.

As I write this disjointed post, I'm sitting in front of a fire with my little family while watching an unexpected snowfall and it's perfection.  I had a list of things to outside of the house today but I have a strong feeling that I'll stay indoors, soaking up this calm, snow-filled day.  It's now blanketed outside.
I'm thankful that I'm able to see the beauty in today, today.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a peaceful Christmas. Wasn't the snow today pretty?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...