Thursday, April 16, 2015

Skipping Town

I'm here!  I'm alive!  I'm just buried under toddler tears, tests to be graded, cat hair tumbleweeds, and wayward threads from therapeutic sewing sessions.  Tis the season.  I did manage to escape the city and allowed my soul to breathe a deep, much needed breath this past weekend.  Brent was all booked up with shows for the weekend, I amazingly had nothing on the calendar, and my folks were headed to the cabin so the beast, the kid, and I stuffed ourselves in my mom's car and hit the road.  It was good.  Really good.  I needed to hang with my folks outside of work and I think they also needed to hang with us in a different environment.  There was fishing, there was lounging, there were cigars, there were swimming dogs, there was sewing, there was rain, there were snakes, there were stunning sunsets, there were deep talks, there were laughs, and surely more notable things.  Rio now won't stop saying that she neeeeeds to go to the cabin.  I know kid, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...