Tuesday, May 19, 2015

All Over The Place

For a while, I felt like Edward Scissorhands with fabric and thread flying about.  Every where I looked, I had threads stuck to my clothes and had multiple projects sitting in-progress waiting to be finished.  Well, I finally got caught up and I've stepped back from the table for a few days to refocus and recharge (although I DID do some sewing last night but more on that in a minute).

 
The recent heavy rains have taught us what areas of our house cannot handle large amounts of water and as a result, we've been trying to figure out what our next steps are to make things flow better, pun intended.  The mister had a shift in work times while at the same time recording an album and being sick so things have been a bit hectic, to say the least.  I have about a week and a half before the summer semester starts back up so I've been working on various projects for my other job and StreetCats before getting back into the classroom.  Throw in a massive garage sale, my mom's surgery, and a toddler that hasn't napped since November and you've got a household in need of some reprieve.  

Cue stress cleaning.


Remember my embarrassing craft closet mess?  I'm happy to report that it has changed dramatically!  Seriously, cleaning and organizing is so cathartic to me.  I have a ways to go but it's actually functional now!  My latest crazy project is a product of cleaning the craft closet.  Since I started actively sewing, I've been hanging on to every single scrap by throwing them in a bin and tucking them away.  Out of sight, out of mind.  Not any more!  I decided that it was time to do something with those scraps so as I watched the last episode of Mad Men the other night (cue ALL of the tears), I started to sort and sort and sort.  There is a bit of a plan?  Maybe?  Kinda?  I started sewing some of this up last night but just like the craft closet, it has a ways to go.
 
Remember when I made pillows out of fabric made from one of my mom's paintings?  You don't?  Let me remind you.  There you go.  Well, I loved the way that turned out so much that I had more fabric made out of one of Rio's many paintings!  I'd like to make her a special quilt out of one of these days but I'm in no rush.  For now, I just admire her work.
 
And since this post started with a photo of a sleeping kitten, it seems only appropriate that's how it ends as well.
Until later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...